Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How to learn American English? (part 1)

Well, many members in my club and in my class asked me how I learned American English myself and how I could pronounce well. Today, i'm gonna give you guys the detailed answers ^^


1. Youtube is always a good resource.

One of my favourite places to learn english is Youtube, you can find a lot of how to learn American English videos here. But I recommend that you'd better choose one or two channels which are good enough, quite famous, reliable as well and then keep watching and learning. For me, I choose Rachel's english and American Accent Training channels. Let's have look now on these you'll get why they should be chosen ^^ .  ( In my next post I'll talk more about learning on Youtube)
Besides, let's take your learning english easier by watching funny videos like some famous game shows or reality TV shows. I am a crazy fan of American Idol, The Voice or Ellen Shows is not a bad choice. When watching those videos you learn english naturally and easily.


2. Keep reading

Reading everyday can help your vocabulary improved. You can read news in the Internet, books, magazines, ect. However don't read too much per day, it makes you tired and feel dispirited because of countless new words or difficult phrases.
I don't have much free time so I read news in the Internet. huffingtonpost.comcnn.comelitedaily.com are my favourite websites.
You can see many good links to learn english in the right column on my blog---->

3. Practice makes perfect

This is obviously true that you can't speak english fluently without communication in real life. Joining some English clubs near your house or going to some famous places where have many foreigners. For example, in Vietnam, Sword Lake is a very familiar place for English learners who want to communicate with foreigners. Don't be lazy! Don't be shy! Do be confident enough! or else your learning is still treading water :(
Then don't forget to make friend with them, they can help you learn english at times!!

4. " There's is a will, there's a way"

Yes, patience plays a crucial role in learning. If you are not patient enough probably you can't see your result. Progress takes time. It may takes more time or less time for each person. But keep trying!! I bet that you'll see how great you are soon!
To be continued...
P/s: So what about you? Share your experience here by commenting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More