Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lesson for this Thursday (12/9/2013) from 21.30-22.30 on Paltalk (Learn English from Sealte to Hanoi room)

Lesson for this Thursday (12/9/2013) from 21.30-22.30 on Paltalk ( Learn English from Sealte to Hanoi room)
Ways to say Hello
I. Theory (21.30-22.00):
In today’s lesson, we’re going to talk all about saying hello
When we first meet someone whether it is a person we know or someone we are meeting for the first time
We will normally use a simple sentence as a way of greeting them.
A greeting is a friendly way of opening a conversation, or as a way of letting the other person know that we have seen them.
There are many ways to say hello:
Hi ,Hello, Hi, there, Hello there. Hey, how are you doing? Howdy friend (USA). What’s up?How’s it going?Wow, it’s good to see you! We sometime use a double greeting For example Hi there, hey how are you doing? Hello, how have you been? It’s good to see you, how’s life beentreating you? If you are meeting someone for the first time you can say Good to meet you It’s nice to meet you I’m pleased to meet you It’s a pleasure to meet you

These sentences are often used after the other person has been introduced to you 
If you are meeting someone you have not seen or heard from for a long time, then you can show real surprise and shock 

Oh my God, it’s you!. Aahh, where have you been? My goodness, long time no speak (see) Wow, it’s so good to see you again. Is it really you? When did we last meet? Wow, as I live and breathe, it’s my best friend from school 
If you are in a hurry there may only be a short time in which to make your greeting.

Hi, sorry I can’t stop Oh hi there, look I’m a bit pushed for time, here’s my phone number, give me call sometime.Hello there, look I’m on my way to work maybe catch up with you again soon .Hey’ I would love to stop and chat but I really have to dash
This type of greeting is common these days Because we are all in such a big hurry to get some place fast 

We sometime use the word ‘hello’ as a way of showing surprise or as a way of expressing a sudden
interest in something. 
Hello, what’s going on here? Hello, I did not know he had a girlfriend Hello, what’s going on over theHello, something is wrong her took my money! 
---> This is just a half of the theory part if you want to read more leave your comments below. I'll send you the whole lesson:->

II. Practice (30'): Say hello and talk a few words about yourself.

Fiorella.
Hit the button Like and Share on Facebook if you find my lesson useful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More